My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ultrasound Report

Yesterday was the big day! The Dr. thought (based on LMP only) that I should be 12 weeks. I knew there was no way I could be that far along because I know the signs of ovulation came much later. I thought I was maybe 8 to 10 weeks along.  Measurements are hard to get on a miracle so tiny! The radiologist's recommendation is a follow up ultrasound in the next week or two in order to tell if this baby is "viable." The radiologist pointed out and I saw a tiny flutter on the screen when he looked for a heartbeat so I know this baby is living right now.

And now, time for my soapbox.  My Dr wants to set up an ultrasound for 10 days from now. I do not want it. To me it makes no sense to expose my baby to even more ultrasound waves in order to determine if the baby is "viable." It makes no difference whether they determine that by ultrasound or not. If it is not, I will let my body continue doing what it needs to do, if it is, I will let my body continue doing what it needs to do. For me, it does not matter whether the baby is "imperfect" or not. It is my baby and I love it no matter what. I choose to not have the ultrasound. I believe God knows more than any machine anyway ;o)
There are many, many articles and postings about the effect of ultrasounds on babies in utero, many of them listed here: Doppler Danger

Here is another article on ultrasounds that is really good . It is by Sarah Buckley.

Yesterday, during the ultrasound and throughout the day today, I have felt God speak to my heart to just trust Him. To stand and wait. I have felt quite strongly with this pregnancy that I am to have the least amount of interventions and procedures done. I am going to hold to the Holy Spirit's leading on this one! Pray for me as I have not been one to stand up to people much in the past. I need your prayers for wisdom when I talk to my Dr. and for strength and confidence as well. Well, it is off to finish school with the kids now. We are doing candy science experiments today!!! I will put up pictures on my next post about it. The kids are so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment