My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One Thousand Gifts....

Eeeeeeeeeek.   I was recently given a copy of One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I can hardly wait to start reading. I believe I should be allowed to duct tape the children to the wall (only so I know they are safe and sound while I am distracted with reading this book ;o) ) maybe in the garage (so it is quiet in the house and I can absorb all that I read) I'm sure Ann would appreciate that type of dedication to hear writings, no?
I have been wanting to buy this book ever since I heard about it a few months ago. It was the new subject of a book club. Every one I know that has read it has come back with rave reviews about this woman's wisdom and challenges to live life differently. I know that as I read, I will gain new perspective on mothering, enjoying the little things in life and so many other things as well.
I am going to dare to live fully right where I am!
I will write as I read........

No comments:

Post a Comment