My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thankfulness....

1 Thessalonians 5:13-24

Live in peace with one another. We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil.
      Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

There are certain things in this portion of scripture that stand out to me right now. Be thankful in everything and faithful is He who calls me, He also will bring it to pass.
I had another Dr's appointment today to go over the results of the ultrasound. Yesterday morning began with me feeling fine and then all of a sudden, I felt really sick. I ran to the bathroom and ended up ridding myself of anything that was in my stomach! I have felt nausea for about 5 days now off and on. I am still really tired through the day too. These two things seem very strange to be feeling if I have had a miscarriage. On the other hand, I am not an expert. I have no idea how long it takes for hormones to settle back down.
I decided to ask my Dr about it. He said,
"I think we need to do another pregnancy test today.  I don't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily, but I don't want to disregard how you are feeling either. There was a sac seen on the ultrasound in the clotting. Nothing was seen in the sac, but it is possible that the conclusion of the ultrasound was wrong. It has happened before, where we have thought that there had been a miscarriage because of the bleeding and a few weeks later through a second ultrasound, there is a baby seen. It is possible that it was just too early. If in a few weeks you are still feeling these symptoms, we will repeat the pregnancy test. if it is positive still, we will repeat the ultrasound and see what it shows."
I feel excitement stirring again. Really? Could this possibly be true? I wondered last night if the ultrasound could have been just too early, and this morning a friend asked me if that was a possibility.
I did the pregnancy test again today and it still says positive.
I feel thankfulness. Thankfulness for every moment that I have with my kids.....all of them. In everything I will give thanks, and I know my God will be faithful to me no matter how this goes. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment