My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Saturday, November 20, 2010

What labels do you wear?

I saw a skit one time about a bunch of different people, each one of them wearing a sign saying what the world saw them as. Things like rejected, hated, worthless and broken.  Then as each one of them met Jesus and felt His love begin to transform their lives, they turned their sign over to reveal how Jesus sees them, accepted, loved, valued and whole.
Tonight as we were all singing during a service with Twin Lakes Ranch Ministries, I started to wonder what "labels" hung from me right now and are they ones that I want to be used to define me.  I closed my eyes for a moment and this image of myself standing in a dark room came to me.  Words like mourning grief, sadness, heaviness, alone, hurt, broken, unworthy, weak, incapable, failure and many others were being hurled at me.  The weight of these words felt like cement on my arms that wanted to reach out to Him.  When I opened my eyes again I heard in my heart these words........dancing, joy, worthy, valued, fought for, strong, longed for, LOVED.

What labels have you allowed yourself to be defined by?  What lies have you allowed yourself to believe about you?  Take a good hard, honest look at what you have believed and then ask God to show you what He says about you.  Do not let circumstances define what you think about God's love for you or your love for God.  My God is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. He promised me in His word that He would turn my mourning into dancing, that He would turn my sorrow into joy.

Psalm 30:5,11,12
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

I choose to be thankful, and I will always praise Him, through whatever storms may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment