My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Be still my soul, be still

Music has always spoken so deeply to my heart and soul.  It can communicate so many thing to me and for me.  These are a couple of the songs that speak right now.....

How my heart feels today........
Evanescence - My Immoral


But this my heart knows.....
Kari Jobe - Be Sitll

Thank you God for reminding me to be still before You.....my heart so needs this.
It is easy to get so busy that we forget to be still before Him.  It is easy allow ourselves to get so busy so that we don't have to face the hard things in life.  Our sermon at church this morning talked about allowing God to make something beautiful out of the mess our lives can become.  The things we go through, the troubles we face, we can let them overtake us and drag us down, or we can use them to help and encourage others.

I have to admit there have been more tears again lately.  I have this deep yearning and ache in my heart to hold my little bundle of warmth.....to experience the birthing of new life that was supposed to be happening soon.  It has been so strong yesterday and today.  In fact if Zoe's pregnancy had gone as Kyler's did, she would have been born this past Wednesday.  I even had a flood of tears tonight when Jinaea dressed our cat in a baby sleeper and brought him to me to hold......he is small enough it feels a lot like holding Kyler when he was a new baby.  She looked at me and hugged me, she said, "Are you ok? (Then a few minutes later) I know mommy......I wanted her to be here too.  I was really looking forward to having a baby sister......I miss her too."
I know that there will come a day that I will hold her in my arms for eternity, but what I have until then is His promise that He will never leave me.  I have chosen hope. I have strength that can only come from Him in these moments. He gives me peace that passes all understanding even when the sorrow wells up again.  I choose to have faith in my God, and trust in His plans for me here, while she waits patiently with Him.
Whatever you are going through in your life I want you to know, there is someone who loves you without any stipulations.  Someone who will be there for you when everyone else fails you. Someone who never fails to come through (even if it is not the way we thought He would or should have). Someone who is talking to us all the time if we would only take the time to listen with our hearts and spirits.
Healing takes time, healing is a process.  It is not something that happens overnight.  I do not always "feel" Him with me, but I know He is there.  There is so much to be learned in the process.  I will never "get over this". There are moments I wish it didn't hurt so much, but it hurts this way because I loved her....that, I would not give up to not hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment