My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Strength

What gives you strength?  What is the image you see in your head when you think of the word strength?
Some of the things I think of are:
- When I was little and my dad used to swing us around and let us hang on his arms.  He would lift us way up as high as he could and I remember thinking, "Wow my dad has the biggest muscles ever!"
- My mom, as she handled the hardships and joys that came her way with such grace, no matter what.
- My grandpa with his arms around my aunt almost having to carry her away from the graveside of her son when he was killed in a motorcycle accident at the age of 19 because she was so lost in her grief.
- My husband, his eyes filled with tears as he hugged me tight, moments before bravely going through the operating room doors, not knowing if he would ever hold or see our family or me again on this earth.
- My little boy as he dropped to his knee and put his arm around me while I cried at the graveside of my grandparents, telling them about Zoe. In that moment, he changed into this strong little man, who was protecting his mommy.  He pulled my head into his chest and prayed for me.........he is 5.
- I also think of my God and how He has sustained me and carried me.  How He has provided, protected and fought for me with a tenacity like no other.
- The name of Jesus, the name like no other name.  It can bring comfort and assurance, deliverance, hope and peace.
I have had a song running through my head a lot recently that brought on the thoughts in this entry.
It is called Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin
I pray strength will rise in you as well as you listen to the song and reflect for yourselves.
Those are my thoughts......for now

No comments:

Post a Comment