My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16


Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Friday, November 5, 2010

What love really means...

A friend of mine posted this JJ Heller video the other day.  I sat and watched it and cried.  What an amazingly written song.  It is so true of how God loves us just because He created us.  He knows us inside and out.  I am glad He loves me for me and not for what I feel like or am sometimes.  I can tell you that what I have felt or have been has not always been pretty.  I have learned that He can handle whatever my response is to situations.  He can take your anger, He can take your pain, your heartache, your disappointments, your questions.  Even when you can't.  Especially then.  If we let Him in to start healing us, His love will take care of all those things.  Only he can change anger, resentment or hatred towards someone into genuine love.  Only He can take a broken heart and really make it whole again.  
What about when God doesn't answer a prayer the way you were hoping He would?  I think we all have been there before, maybe many times.
What do we do then?  What about when our dreams or hearts lay in pieces at our feet, so many tiny pieces that it seems it can never be "fixed" again?  Honest answer?  His love is the only thing I have found that heals completely.  
What about when you put your faith out there on the limb, out for everyone to see, what if it doesn't work?  We have done that many times and I can tell you that we have not always gotten the answer we were praying for.  BUT, we have seen miracles.  
God hasn't always come through for us the way we thought He should have. So what then.
Did He not hear us?  Did He not care?  What questions run through your mind when your miracle does not show up the way you wanted it to or when you wanted it to?
My miracle did not come the way I wanted it to.  We prayed that Zoe would live.  
I did not have to try to hide my gamut of feelings from Him and believe me He has heard about them all!!  He just quieted the waves,  and held me.  Be still my soul, be still........
We had many others joining their faith with ours.  I am so thankful for friends that will stand out there on that limb with us!  
So where do we go from here in our walk of faith?
We keep right on walking.  One step at a time.  His love is always enough if we go to Him.
Nothing can change or heal hearts or lives like the love of my heavenly daddy.  
That miracle I have seen time and time again.
If you will reach out for Him, He will love you for you, just exactly how you are.  Change, if needed, will flow from that because when we have been loved by Him, it pours out of us.
Go to Him with your hurts, your brokenness, your dreams, your hopes.  He is there, let Him love you for you, it is amazing.  There is nothing else like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment