My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15,16

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?"
John 11:40
See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands… Isaiah 49:16a

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trust...Pt 3

Con't....Part 3

I remember one day I was given an injection of some type of gravol substitute medication. Whatever it was, I had a bad reaction to it. I remember feeling like I had to go to the washroom and throw up, I sat up on the edge of the bed to get up and the whole room started swirling. I really needed to get to the washroom because I had nothing to throw up in out in my room that I could reach. I could not figure out what was happening but I tried to stand and call for help but my voice wouldn't sounded so loud in my head but was making much sound. I stood and fell back on the bed, I stood again and fell over sideways onto the bed. I tried once more and by this time I must have been making quite the commotion. I hit the chair beside my bed and fell to the floor and let me just say I did not get to the bathroom before my stomach decided it would not hold it's contents any longer. I was hardly feeling conscious anymore. My roommate called for the nurses and they came running. I only remember snippets of things from that point on. I could hear them but could not put my thoughts together enough to talk or keep my eyes open.  They got me onto the bed somehow and were rubbing my sternum painfully trying to get me to respond.  They kept calling my name and were checking me thinking I had started to hemorrhage again. Finally they decided I must be having a reaction to the medication and from that point on I remember nothing until the medication wore off.

The morphine that they were giving me was causing me to hallucinate and I was so jumpy. Every little sound, even a pen dropping in the hallway sounded so loud to me, like someone banging cymbals together. I remember one time I woke up and looked over beside the bed where the chair sat. Greg was sitting there next to the bed and smiled at me when I opened my eyes, I talked to him for a few minutes and I think he even answered me back.  I thought it was strange that he was there in the middle of the day when he should be at work. Then he showed up later on after supper to visit me. I told him it was sure nice to see him earlier and he informed me he was never there! I must have sounded quite strange to my roommate having a conversation with myself..

I had been in hospital for about nine days when they did another ultrasound to check on the tumor. The tumor that was supposed to take two to three weeks to see noticeable improvement, had shrunk to almost nothing in the 6 days since the injection. The progress was miraculous. The bleeding had almost stopped by this point and I was feeling good. God is so faithful. There is not a doubt in my mind that God intervened on my behalf, giving the Doctor wisdom and also by speeding the healing process. I was so excited. I was starting to get very bored of seeing the same walls all the time and was looking forward to getting out. I asked Dr. A. if he had any idea when I would be able to go home. He told me that it was not time yet, he wanted to monitor things a bit longer. Then the weekend came. I did not see Dr. A. on Friday and another Dr. was making rounds for him. I was trying hard to be patient.....I asked this Dr. if there was any indication of when I could go. My grandparents anniversary was that weekend and there was a big celebration out at my parent's farm.
I so badly wanted to go.

The Dr. asked how my bleeding was, I told him it was almost completely stopped. He said, "Let me go look at your chart and I will let you know."
He came back moments later and told me that I was free to go, I just had to wait for the nurse to come talk to me.  I called Greg and told him he could come get me and we made arrangements to head out to the farm for the weekend. HOORAY!
Well, we had a good visit that night, I took it easy, but the bleeding picked up a bit, I thought just because of the traveling. By the next morning, I was feeling cramping again, but as long as I stayed on the couch and didn't move too much, the bleeding wasn't too bad. We had dinner with a large crowd of family and friends, lots of laughs, it was a great time.  Then after dinner they wanted to take some family pictures.  With so many family members around, it took some time to work through everyone, but finally it was time for our family. I made my way outside and lined up for the picture.
As they said "Everyone say cheese!" I began to feel light headed. I felt a warm rush. I knew I needed to lay down again and was hoping the bleeding would slow down once I did. As I laid down on the couch for a few moments, another rush of warm. I needed to get upstairs.
To be con't....

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, even though I know the end of this story, and whay happened, you have me on the edge of my seat!!